We invite you to join TEDxAthens in a spirit of curiosity, friendliness, open-mindedness, and respect. We will not tolerate harassment, in any form, at a TEDxAthens event.
At a TEDxAthens event, you agree to:
- Respect the boundaries of other attendees.
- Avoid aggressively pushing your own services, products or causes.
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other attendees.
- Look out for one another.
- Contribute to an inclusive event experience through respectful interactions with all TEDxAthens attendees.
These behaviors don’t belong at a TEDxAthens event:
- Invasion of privacy, including taking photos, requesting selfies of people you don’t know, taking screenshots of conversations or posting personal details about someone else without their permission.
- Being disruptive, drinking excessively, stalking, following or threatening anyone.
- Abuse of power (including abuses related to position, wealth, race or gender).
- Ignoring health or safety guidelines that place yourself or others at risk.
- Homophobia, racism or behavior that discriminates against a group or class of people.
- Sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention and inappropriate physical contact.
During each TEDxAthens Event, we aim to create an inclusive and respectful environment where everyone feels safe to share their ideas and opinions. We ask that all attendees, speakers, performers, volunteers, and staff members (“TEDxsters”) share the same core values and ethical principles, as follows:
- Respectful and Professional Behavior: We are all expected to conduct ourselves in a professional and respectful manner towards each other.
- No Discrimination or Harassment: We do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or any other personal characteristic. This includes verbal or physical abuse, sexual harassment, or any other form of unwanted behavior.
- Safe Environment: We strive to create a safe environment for every TEDxster. Please report any concerns or incidents of misconduct to email@example.com.
- No Unlawful or Disruptive Behavior: We are expected to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and not engage in any behavior that disrupts any TEDxAthens event and/or the TEDxsters.
- No Unauthorized Recording: Recording or distributing any part of a TEDxAthens event without prior consent is strictly prohibited.
- Follow the Speaker/Performer Guidelines: If you are a speaker or performer, please follow the guidelines provided by the event organizers.
- Respect Others’ Intellectual Property: We all respect the intellectual property of others, including their ideas, presentations, and materials.
- Follow Health and Safety Guidelines: We are all expected to follow any health and safety guidelines provided by the event organizers.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all TEDxsters, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or any other personal characteristic.
- Responsibility and Reporting: Event organizers and staff members are responsible for enforcing the Code. If you experience or witness any violations of this Code, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. During the event, you can reach out to the designated info desk, to provide you with more information on how to submit your concern. All reports will be treated with confidentiality and respect.
Reporting of violations
If you experience or witness any violations of this Code, please report it to the event staff immediately and/or use our name-optional reporting form to let key TEDxAthens managers know. Share as much information as you can to help us make a thorough investigation of the onsite incident. All reports will be handled with confidentiality and respect and will be investigated by TEDxAthens.
Consequences of violations
TEDxAthens Conference 2023 organizers reserve the right to take appropriate actions, including but not limited to, expelling the attendee from the conference, without refund, and prohibiting them from attending future TEDxAthens events. They also reserve the right to terminate any relationship at any time without any liability with any speaker, performer, volunteer, and staff member in case of the latter violates this Code.
Communication, review and update of the Code
The Code will be communicated to all TEDxsters via various channels (e.g. via the conference website, social media, e-mail). This Code will be reviewed regularly to ensure that it remains up-to-date and effective. Any feedback from TEDxsters will be appreciated and revisions will be made, as deemed appropriate.